The mission of the Association is to advance the efficient and secure transfer of ownership of real property by proactively serving its members, the consumer, and affiliated associations.
To achieve this objective, VLTA will:
- Provide superior education programs
- Represent the industry on legislative and regulatory issues
- Support the American Land Title Association and its initiative to continually maintain and promote members to engage only in business practices that are lawful and consistent with high professional standards and ethics
- Communicate industry related information
- Fairly represent all interests of the membership
- Enhance and protect the value of its members, consumers, and the title industry as a whole
- Raise public awareness and understanding of the land title industry
2015 Strategic Plan
VLTA’s 2015 Strategic Plan outlines specific Association goals aimed at promoting the interests of our members and preparing them for upcoming changes within the industry. Virginia’s industry is unique, and the interests of VLTA’s members deserve representation as national changes are beginning to affect our statewide industry. Virginia is home to a variety of business models, but our most prominent model is the small business. VLTA will champion the needs of Virginia’s small businesses through legislative initiatives and timely education at a time when these efforts are needed more than ever.
With an eye on the long-term health of the Association, VLTA’s Strategic Goals maintain focus on the Association’s relationships with its members, its role in the larger industry, and its financial obligations.
Highlights of the 2015 Strategic Plan include:
- Consumer and partner education
- Relationship development
- Pro-active legislative initiatives
- Industry advocacy
- Small business representation
- Expanded educational offerings (CE/CLE/CCE)
- TAN development
- Improved Association capacity and infrastructure
Click here to view VLTA's 2015 Strategic Plan and 2015 Partnership Brochure.